Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update on '07 resolutions

How are you doing in terms of carrying out your New Year resolutions? It is time to check (and it is the only time I'll prompt you to check) if you made a reasonable resolution. If you did not, do not quit the whole thing; just modify it to suit practicality. Where you stand on your resolution now can be a strong determinant of where you will be by the end of the year.

For me, I am particularly excited that I am sticking with my "exercise more" ideal. Because of friends' concerns for my safety, as well as my need to prevent boredom, I have stopped climbing the stairs in my apartment building as my exercise. Instead, I go to the gym. I was so refreshed by my daily, hourly stair climbing exercise, so much so that I motivated myself to take the relatively long walk from my home to the gym. At the gym, I have more options. I use the stair climber, the elliptical, another exercise machine that is a hybrid of the elliptical, and, on occasion, the treadmill. I am also incorporating some strength training into my routine. I try not to stay too long at the gym, however, no matter how tempting it might be. My motto is to work harder, not longer. My heart salutes me for the daily, exercise refreshment I give it. If you are not already making exercise a regular part of your week, it is not too late to start--do it for your heart.

Writing and reading are also going well. I am, however, running a tad behind in my reading goals (reading at least one book, biweekly), because I had to pause to prepare for the exam period we just had and because of a distraction (see news about my beads below). I, however, am catching up for that pause period—it is a good thing there is still about two weeks left of February. I know that exam time will always put a (temporary) pause on any of my other scheduled activities.

A bit of exciting news: my beads are no longer collecting in a bottle! I found my beaded jewelry maker--the same one who made my two, strong waist-beads. Because I had so many beads, he advised me to string the beads myself and then bring them back to him to do the finishing touch. So, I spent a lot of time stringing my beads. I remember that while listening and taking notes during a couple of my lectures, I was also diligently stringing my beads. Talk about multitasking! In the end, I was able to make eight waist-beads out of my collection of beads. Now I have the perfect set of waist-beads: a set of ten.




Technorati tags: